Sunday, November 22, 2009

Center Stand

Well the bike came with a center stand, but the side peg was busted off so it was totally useless. I bought one from a 80'something 650, but it was about an inch too short. I got a proper one at Allen's Cycle Salvage in Moncton, NB [http://www.cyclesalvage.nb.ca/] -website has not been updated in a while. He's got a good supply of stuff, but is kind of pricey. I also bought a set of soft saddle bags from him, that have worked great.

A sidenote: the saddle bags and windshield take away from the wicked old-school look. I might just sell them...

I took that rusty center stand, brushed, scraped, sanded it and then painted 2 coats of primer on it. I then put 3 coats of black rust paint, with light sanding in between all coats. Result:


No comments:

Post a Comment