Monday, July 27, 2009

Broken Speedo Cable, Front tire changed

So my speedo cable broke this past weekend on the way to buy a windshield, after I just got my front tire changed last Thursday at Fredericton's' Honda Sutherland Dealer for 45$ tax-in. The tire I bought at G Bourque in Moncton for 99$ tax-in shipped here, and its working good so far. I was just about to lube the cables, so it kind of suck that the speedo cable had to snap. From looking at other 78 550's, I can see that the routing of my cable is wrong. It seems to have quite a bit of stress on it.

I am thinking of buying the cable from bikebandits.com, an OEM one, but I would much rather get one in town and save the shipping and duty. Honda had one but it was a Motion Pro one, which from what I have gathered on gsresources.com, is crap compared to the OEM cable. I am going to call Macleans soon to see if they have the part, as they are a suzuki dealer. I also want to get a Clymer Manual, and so far bikebandit.com seems to have the best/same price compared to other sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment